About Me

My photo
I think every meal (yes, every meal!) can and should incorporate some kind of fruit or vegetable. This is a blog that will show you how. I'm a Health Advisor by trade, which means I help people find easy, realistic ways to tweak their eating and exercise habits to maximise their health and well-being. I firmly beleive being healthy is not about dieting, skipping meals, cutting out food groups or exercising until you can't see straight. All you need is to move more, and vegetate your plate!

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Great Eggspectations: Easy Breakfast on the Go


The age-old debate: sleep vs. breakfast. If you're anything like me, getting up even 2.5 minutes earlier than you have to on a work day is not an appealing thought. Much as I love food, I also love sleeping! I don't doubt many of you are the same. So what do you do - sleep in and miss breakfast, or scrape yourself out of bed early and munch your way into the day?

As ever, I'd suggest taking the middle ground. Boil up a little batch of eggs at the start of the week, then as you head out the door in the morning, take one or two with you and peel and eat en route to the tube/bus/bike/car/pogo stick. It takes no more than a minute to eat, and is a great little pocket of protein (an essential part of any breakfast as it keeps you full much longer than carbohydrate-based breakkies like toast).

If you're horrified by the thought of only eating a boiled egg for breakfast, rest assured, there is more. The egg is simply an amuse-bouche (if you will) before geting to work/school and having breakfast: the sequel.

If you're not an egg fan (I know many are not), you can always substitute with a banana pancake, a handful of nuts, or a piece of fruit. The idea is that you at least have something to kick-start your metabolism and get you revved up for the day.

What do you like to eat for breakfast?


No comments:

Post a Comment