About Me

My photo
I think every meal (yes, every meal!) can and should incorporate some kind of fruit or vegetable. This is a blog that will show you how. I'm a Health Advisor by trade, which means I help people find easy, realistic ways to tweak their eating and exercise habits to maximise their health and well-being. I firmly beleive being healthy is not about dieting, skipping meals, cutting out food groups or exercising until you can't see straight. All you need is to move more, and vegetate your plate!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

40 Day Lent Green Smoothie Challenge: Day 1


This year I'm doing an "anti-lent". Rather than take something away (giving up chocolate? crazy,) I thought I'd add something in - green smoothies. Packed FULL of healthy healthy stuff, and with far less sugar than a traditional fruit smoothie, it's an easy way to get a huge chunk of your daily goodies in a portable way that also tastes great (I swear).

The Gist:

There are no rules. Chuck anything lean and green and whiz up - favourites include kale, spinach, celery, Granny Smith apples, ginger, kiwi fruit...the list goes on. Add in some Greek yoghurt and honey to sweeten things to start with and ease your way in. The world is your (green) oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment