About Me

My photo
I think every meal (yes, every meal!) can and should incorporate some kind of fruit or vegetable. This is a blog that will show you how. I'm a Health Advisor by trade, which means I help people find easy, realistic ways to tweak their eating and exercise habits to maximise their health and well-being. I firmly beleive being healthy is not about dieting, skipping meals, cutting out food groups or exercising until you can't see straight. All you need is to move more, and vegetate your plate!

Saturday 22 March 2014

Green Smoothie success: aka 'Who Killed Shrek?'


Finally getting the hang of this green smoothie buisness. So much so that I ventured to make one for an out of town friend staying with me this weekend. Judging by the empty glass it went down a treat (or else she's just very polite!!).

This smoothie really hit the spot for breakfast, giving our livers a much needed massage after Friday night frivolities. 

To create this green masterpiece:

2 cups spinach
2 kiwifruit
1 pear
1 frozen banana (keep half aside)
1 stick celery
1 cup water

Blend all ingredients together, serve in a wine glass (hello fancy) and top with the other half of the frozen banana, sliced. Nom nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment